Thursday, May 5, 2011

Barcelona


Barcelona (etc.)
For a different kind of shopping,
visit La Rambla for souvenirs
While for different kind of experience
one must drop by the market for food hoping
The market simply reminds me of the night market in Taiwan
Not better but in its own special flavor

For a leisure walk,
snake around the gothic area and
naked your foot and soak it into the Mediterranean sea

For Gotic art fans,
spend your day at the National museum of Catalunya arts

For an amateur runner like me,
Although I cannot participate into any serious marathon
But visiting Placa d’ Espanya is good enough
To get the feeling of starting my own marathon --- a fresh start


Barcelona: Gaudi’s sculpture
Park Guell


Temple de la Sagrada Familia
My first impression was
“So, this is how the church of our generation should look like”
It is so different to the traditional church and to the less budgeted churches of our century
After visiting a lot of old churches around Europe
I always felt distant to the architecture because of their grandness and antiqueness
However, with Sagrada Familia
I felt connected
Unlike the tradition churches that are usually dark and dull in their interior
Sagrada Familia is so bright and colorful

La Pedrera and Casa Batllo
are the other two famous architectures of Gaudi
Both are designed for people to live into
without losing the touch of ART and humanness
they are not just brilliant
but very humane

After seeing four of the most famous work of Gaudi
I can’t help to idolize Gaudi
his vision and persistence
he is not only ahead of his time
he is still ahead of our time
he is so thoughtful in all of his work
that he always thought of
how will his work be suitable, comfortable and convenient for people
and of course never forget to invite the light and air

I dreamed to be an architect
Although I cannot be an architect now
who knows I might jump into this field as a hobby in the future
Mostly because I selfishly (unlike Gaudi) wanted to build my dream house

The most impressive thing is the Sagrada Familia
How many architects can still build such a huge budgeted church?
For one, more and more people lose their faith
Lessening the need to build a temple
Lowering the chance to raise enormous amount of money
to build a church that will last in centuries
The architecture of the modern churches don’t go for glamour
but square SPACE just enough to gather the people


No comments: